[Nut-upsuser] Network UPS Tools 2.4.3 - compile on RHEL5

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Thu Feb 25 13:48:11 UTC 2010

Hi Charles!

Thank you very much for your help!!!

On Thu, 2010-02-25 at 08:33 -0500, Charles Lepple wrote:

> The drivers have been gone for a while; however, the option was only
> recently removed.

Then, I guess, I can safely remove it from the SPEC!

In what concerns the other problem, I've got a little bit further by
removing the bundled libtool stuff altogether:

rm m4/lt* m4/libtool.m4

and doing

autoreconf -vfi

However, another problem popped up:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/383680/

which is caused by this line here:

/bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc -I../include -I/usr/kerberos/include   -I/usr/include -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m64 -mtune=generic -Wall -Wsign-compare   -o upsimage.cgi  upsimage.o cgilib.o ../common/libcommon.a libupsclient.la  -L/usr/kerberos/lib64 -lssl -lcrypto -ldl -lz   yes

Obviously, GD support still gives me headache. This idiotic "yes"
popping out of nowhere is exactly the reason why the ./configure script
bundled with NUT was failing...

Looks like it's setting the link flag for GD to "yes" instead for -lgd
for some reason. I have no experience with autotools, so I don't even
have an idea where to look for the clues :-(

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev