[Nut-upsuser] Network UPS Tools 2.4.3 - compile on RHEL5

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Thu Feb 25 14:56:06 UTC 2010

Citeren "Yury V. Zaytsev" <yury op shurup.com>:

> However, another problem popped up:
>
> http://paste.ubuntu.com/383680/
>
> which is caused by this line here:
>
> /bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc -I../include
> -I/usr/kerberos/include   -I/usr/include -O2 -g -pipe -Wall
> -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector
> --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m64 -mtune=generic -Wall -Wsign-compare
> -o upsimage.cgi  upsimage.o cgilib.o ../common/libcommon.a
> libupsclient.la  -L/usr/kerberos/lib64 -lssl -lcrypto -ldl -lz   yes
>
> Obviously, GD support still gives me headache. This idiotic "yes"
> popping out of nowhere is exactly the reason why the ./configure script
> bundled with NUT was failing...
>
> Looks like it's setting the link flag for GD to "yes" instead for -lgd
> for some reason. I have no experience with autotools, so I don't even
> have an idea where to look for the clues :-(

You didn't read "docs/configure.txt" nor did you run "./configure
--help". I bet you have something like

     --with-gd-libs

somewhere in your configure options. In that case, configure will
happily assume you know better and that it should set the LDFLAGS for
linking to the GD library to "yes".

Please read the documentation before asking for help.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list