[Nut-upsuser] MGE Ellipse 500 USB power failure problem

Dimitris Mandalidis mandas at mandas.org
Sun Jan 3 22:56:48 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 03, 2010 at 10:44:44PM +0000, Rob MacGregor wrote:

> > Never. There are LED indicators for this according to the manual.
>
> Doesn't mean much - if you're only getting 30 seconds of runtime your
> batteries aren't healthy (or you've massively overloaded the UPS).

Probably it 's overloaded (pentium3 + amd athlon x2 + net switch + external
HD). However, most of the time and that's when I need the UPS there's no
activity on these (no one is doing anything) and there's an overload LED
indicator after all. I can understand that battery LED indicator can be
unreliable but I dont think the same applies to the overload LED.

So, one vote for the battery :)

Thanks
Dimitris

PGP key 39A40276 at wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net
key fingeprint: 9A0B 61C6 B826 4B73 69BB  972B C5E7 A153 39A4 0276