[Nut-upsuser] Feature Request: APCUPSD Support

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Wed Jan 27 19:29:01 UTC 2010

Citeren Thomas Vachon <vachon op gamelogic.com>:

> Basically we have a bunch of Debian boxes running apcupsd which talk to
> centralized boxes directly connected to the ups.  It acts as a proxy for
> all ups information (e.g. on battery, etc).  This allows a whole rack of
> servers to know what state the UPS is in. Our UPS's only support a
> single serial connection, and this was how it was deployed when I got here.

In that case, consider switching to NUT completely by monitoring these
UPS'es through the apcsmart driver (man 8 apcsmart. This would allow
basically the same functionality as your existing apcupsd install. Or
you could nag your Nexenta supplier to supply a similar plugin for
apcupsd.

Best regards, Arjen

PS  Don't top-post please (and note the signature line below).
--
Please keep list traffic on the list