[Nut-upsuser] SMS PowerVision PV2200 BIFX

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Sun Jul 11 19:42:44 UTC 2010

Citeren Doug Parsons <doug op parsonsemail.com>:

>> I have two SMS PowerVision PV2200 BIFX, that came with a serial port, I used
>> a serial - usb conversor to conect it to my pc
> According to the driver you are trying to use a USB driver on a
> serial port system. Not sure if the NUT drivers support this.

As far as I can tell, the OP is using the megatec driver. This is a
serial driver.

> Does your system have the drivers loaded for the converter? If your
> system can see the USB device AND the serial port then NUT needs a
> serial driver.

Most likely, this works fine. Otherwise the megatec driver would be
complaining about not being able to open the port. So most likely,
either the UPS doesn't speak megatec protocol at all, or uses a
modified version that the megatec driver doesn't support. Upgrading to
blazer_ser would at least give us a chance to see what is going on.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list