[Nut-upsuser] SMS PowerVision PV2200 BIFX

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Mon Jul 12 19:31:17 UTC 2010

Citeren Douglas Parsons <doug op parsonsemail.com>:

> So just for my understanding, the NUT ups driver doesn't care if the USB to
> serial converter is built into the ups or an external unit?

Indeed. The only thing that is important is whether or not the USB to
serial converter is supported by the kernel. If it is, you typically
run a serial driver that connects to /dev/ttyUSBx (or something
similar) that is created when plugging in the device. If not, you'll
need one of the drivers that will do a rudimentary implementation of
one by direct libusb calls.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list