[Nut-upsuser] power on settings after a power failure

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Fri Jul 16 09:13:03 UTC 2010

Citeren James <bjlockie op lockie.ca>:

> Can I set any UPS to only provide power after the battery is charged
> to a certain level?

No, it depends on the UPS. You won't find this on a low-end UPS, but
some mid- and most high-end devices support this. If not available, a
workaround is described in the 'docs/shutdown.txt' that came with the
NUT sources. If this is important to you, I'd replace the UPS if it
isn't supported.

> Or better yet, a certain length on consecutive time when the power
> has been on.

If the UPS is able to switch back on based on state of charge of the
battery, chances are that the reported is fairly accurate. In that
case, the state of charge would be better.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list