[Nut-upsuser] Getting 'Data stale' error with bcmxcp_usb for a PowerWare 5115 on OSX

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Fri Mar 5 19:35:24 UTC 2010

Citeren Charlie Garrison <garrison op zeta.org.au>:

> And I've found more info while testing which hopefully is a clue. If
> I start the driver with either of these commands:
>
> $ sudo /usr/local/ups/bin/upsdrvctl start
> $ sudo /usr/local/ups/bin/bcmxcp_usb -a powerware5115
>
> Then I get the 'data stale' error. But if I start the driver with:
>
> $ sudo /usr/local/ups/bin/bcmxcp_usb -D -a powerware5115
>
> Then I can run upsc and get an answer. So it works when running with
> driver in debug mode.

As the debug output from the server already suggested, the problem
seems to be in the driver. The difference between running in normal
and debug mode is that it won't background and won't write a PID file
in debug mode. This is unexpected. Since backgrounding doesn't seem to
be a problem, could you check if the PID file is there? And the
config.log would be helpful, to see what is available on your system.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list