[Nut-upsuser] USB problems

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue May 11 02:05:51 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 2:37 PM, Jason Englander <jasoneng3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 10 May 2010, James wrote:
>
>> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.4.3
>> Network UPS Tools - Generic HID driver 0.34 (2.4.3)
>> USB communication driver 0.31
>> Using subdriver: CyberPower HID 0.3
>> libusb_get_report: could not claim interface 0: Device or resource busy
>> Got disconnected by another driver: Device or resource busy
>> Can't initialize data from HID UPS
>> Driver failed to start (exit status=1)
>
> FYI, I got that error yesterday with NUT 2.4.3, kernel 2.6.33.3, and a
> CyberPower CP1500AVRLCD using usbhid-ups and it seems fine after applying
> this patch:
>
> http://boxster.ghz.cc/projects/nut/changeset/2407?format=diff&new=2407

OK, good to know. It's a misleading error, but we're just passing back
the return codes that libusb gives us.

> Also FYI, the hardware compatibility list lists cyberpower or powerpanel
> under the Cyber Power section, but the cyberpower driver appears to have
> been removed from the source at some point.  I had configure build
> usbhid-ups, powerpanel, and cyberpower in case I tried it via serial cable
> at some point in the future, cyberpower failed.

Usually we keep the compatibility list in sync with the releases (it's
derived from drivers.list in the source tarball), but 2.4.3 was rushed
out the door as an interim release, and it had some rough edges. This
version of the list has been fixed:

http://buildbot.networkupstools.org/~buildbot/docs/latest/website/stable-hcl.html

--
- Charles Lepple