[Nut-upsuser] Problem with monitoring

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Mon Nov 1 09:23:14 UTC 2010

Citeren Vladimir Micovic <vladimir op micovic.com>:

> I am sorry, I forgot to say  that I start nut with root right, because if I
> don't, I cannot start ups service.

This most likely means that udev isn't configured properly. Fix this,
since running the driver as root is not recommended. Also, you'll want
to make sure the kernel USB HID UPS driver is disabled, to prevent it
from re-claiming the device when the NUT driver detaches it. This will
lead to an endless mess of reconnects.

> So, I have "user = root" in ups.conf.
>
> I try with yum install nut and try with source from nut website.

If you have version 2.4.3 available, try replacing the (now obsolete)
'megatec_usb' driver with 'blazer_usb'. If this doesn't work out,
we'll need the first 15 seconds worth of output (kill it afterwards
with Ctrl-C) from

     /path/to/blazer_usb -DDD -u root -a upsname

Make sure to kill *any* driver process before running this command.
Gzip the result before attaching the output (both the stdout and
stderr streams).

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)