[Nut-upsuser] Support of "shutdown.return" on a APC Back-UPS CS 500

Ritchie rotarn at gmx.de
Sun Nov 7 15:35:43 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I am trying to get a APC Back-UPS CS 500 running on my QNAP 419P Nas.

Since on all my work I figure out the following:

from Network UPS Tools upscmd 2.4.1
[~] # upscmd -l qnapups
Instant commands supported on UPS [qnapups]:

beeper.disable - Disable the UPS beeper
beeper.enable - Enable the UPS beeper
beeper.mute - Temporarily mute the UPS beeper
beeper.off - Obsolete (use beeper.disable or beeper.mute)
beeper.on - Obsolete (use beeper.enable)
load.off - Turn off the load immediately
load.off.delay - Turn off the load with a delay (seconds)
shutdown.reboot - Shut down the load briefly while rebooting the UPS
shutdown.stop - Stop a shutdown in progress
test.panel.start - Start testing the UPS panel
test.panel.stop - Stop a UPS panel test

I am missing the command "shutdown.return' ?
Does the ups not support this command ?

Thanks for help

Ritchie