[Nut-upsuser] nut on pclos-2010.7

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 16:17:03 UTC 2010

On Sunday, November 07, 2010 11:00:17 am Gene Heskett did opine:

> On Saturday, November 06, 2010 06:39:36 pm Charles Lepple did opine:
> > On Nov 6, 2010, at 1:47 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > > So, whats next, reload the web page in a few hours? Or just ignore
> > > the warnings? ;-)
> >
> > Which web page does the Web Page Doctor need to visit? :-)
> >
> > In your case, it sounds like upsd is listening on localhost, which
> > should work unless the web server is separate from the NUT server.
>
> It turned out that I wasn't fully grokking the web page, and once I had
> that figured out, it looks like its working.
>
> I was following the recipe at
> <http://www.networkupstools.org/doc/2.2.0/INSTALL.html>
> and got confused a bit when editing the upsmon.conf file.  Looking at
> the example got me squared away after reading it the 3rd or so time.
>
> The error message didn't point to the error, claiming the username was
> wrong, when what I had actually done was to leave the "master" off the
> end of the string.  Dumb. :(

The continuing saga of making nut work.  It seems no matter what I do, I
cannot seem to get a passwordless execution of the daemon in my rc.local
file which execs before anyone is logged in.  I tried syntax that I use to
start fetchmail, but no permission is the order of the day.  I ran into
that rebooting because kde was updated to 4.5.3 this morning.

Does anyone have a linux nut starter/stopper that can be put in
/etc/init.d, and linked to the various runlevels rcx.d's?

Thanks all;

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)