[Nut-upsuser] nut on pclos-2010.7

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 16:38:52 UTC 2010

On Sunday, November 07, 2010 11:36:22 am Gene Heskett did opine:

> On Sunday, November 07, 2010 11:00:17 am Gene Heskett did opine:
> > >
> > > Which web page does the Web Page Doctor need to visit? :-)
> > >
> > > In your case, it sounds like upsd is listening on localhost, which
> > > should work unless the web server is separate from the NUT server.
> >
> > It turned out that I wasn't fully grokking the web page, and once I
> > had that figured out, it looks like its working.
> >
> > I was following the recipe at
> > <http://www.networkupstools.org/doc/2.2.0/INSTALL.html>
> > and got confused a bit when editing the upsmon.conf file.  Looking at
> > the example got me squared away after reading it the 3rd or so time.
> >
> > The error message didn't point to the error, claiming the username was
> > wrong, when what I had actually done was to leave the "master" off the
> > end of the string.  Dumb. :(
>
> The continuing saga of making nut work.  It seems no matter what I do, I
> cannot seem to get a passwordless execution of the daemon in my rc.local
> file which execs before anyone is logged in.  I tried syntax that I use
> to start fetchmail, but no permission is the order of the day.  I ran
> into that rebooting because kde was updated to 4.5.3 this morning.
>
> Does anyone have a linux nut starter/stopper that can be put in
> /etc/init.d, and linked to the various runlevels rcx.d's?
>

> Thanks all;

PS:
I believe I have found it, I still had an mdv install on another drive, so
I borrowed those scrips and links, and have edited the paths in them to
reflect the paths used by this install, so hopefully it will work, if not,
I'll make some more noise.  ;-)

Thanks.

--
Cheers, Gene