[Nut-upsuser] usbhid-ups and APC Smart-UPS 1500

Pierre Boullier diatechnie at wanadoo.fr
Fri Nov 12 14:18:49 UTC 2010

Hello !
I'm totally new with Linux, just migrating from NetWare.
Our brand new server runs SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 Service Pack 1
SLED11 ships with NUT 2.2.2-69.11

I'm trying to setup NUT to communicate with our UPS over the USB cable.
First, I've tried with a "standard" ups.conf. Error message : device is (or not yet) supported.

Second attempt, including productid in ups.conf. Error message : no matching HID UPD found.

Third attemps : running usbhid-ups in debug mode.
Well, it seems that the UPS is recognized, after all.
Something wrong between upsdrvctl and usbhid-ups ?
I guess it's something obvious. But I don't knox where.
Can you help ?
Many thanks.

Regards,

Pierre Boullier
Included : text file with my different attempts.