[Nut-upsuser] usbhid-ups and APC Smart-UPS 1500

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Fri Nov 12 17:51:58 UTC 2010

Citeren Pierre Boullier <diatechnie op wanadoo.fr>:

> First, I've tried with a "standard" ups.conf. Error message : device
> is (or not yet) supported.

That's not unusual.

> Second attempt, including productid in ups.conf. Error message : no
> matching HID UPD found.

This only works if you either force the driver to run as root or add
an entry to udev to list the VID:PID combination in the list of
supported devices. The last option is the better of the two and can be
done by copying the existing entry for APC productID 0002 and changing
the productID to 0003.

> Third attemps : running usbhid-ups in debug mode.
> Well, it seems that the UPS is recognized, after all.

See above. You forced the driver to run as root. Without the udev
entry, the driver will not be able to claim the UPS when running as
non-root.

> Something wrong between upsdrvctl and usbhid-ups ?

No.

Best regards, Arjen

PS  This is a subscription only mailinglist. Future messages will be
rejected unless you subscribe.
--
Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)