[Nut-upsuser] How to change shutdown delay time?

Thomas H. George lists at tomgeorge.info
Sat Nov 13 18:59:16 UTC 2010

Can upsmon be set to shutdown the system immediately upon sensing a
power failure?

I just installed nut on my Debian Squeeze system, connected it to a
Cyperpower ups and edited /etc/nut/ups.conf and upsmon.conf.  On system
reboot upsd and upsmon were started.

I would like an immediate orderly system shutdown and power down upon a
power failure.

I pulled the power plug and the system continued running on battery
power.

After several minutes I restored power and entered the command upsdrvctl
shutdown.  This turned off the power immediately - system crash - which
I guess is what it is supposed to do.

Have I missed something in the configuration?