[Nut-upsuser] Shutdown script does not trigger

Rémi Lavergne remi.lavergne at uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Nov 16 16:46:35 UTC 2010

Hello Roger,

Permissions are as follows :
-rwxr-xr-- 1 nut nut  124 2010-11-16 17:25 upssched.sh*
(the folder is owned buy nut:nut too).

I'm quite sure the script is not called because it begins with :
echo $1 > /etc/nut/sched/test.txt;

...and the test file is never created.

Just a thought :
in upsd.conf I listen to 127.0.0.1 and in upsmon.conf I monitor
localhost, can this cause troubles ?

Many thanks,

Rémi.

On 11/16/10 4:38 PM, Roger Price wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2010, Rémi Lavergne wrote:
>
>> /etc/nut/upssched.conf :
>> CMDSCRIPT /etc/nut/sched/upssched.sh (this script exists but seems
>> never to be executed...)
>
> Hello Rémi, what are the ownership and permissions on file
> /etc/nut/sched/upssched.sh ?  Try adding the lines
>
>   # Debugging: Log all calls to this script
>   logger -t upssched-sh Calling upssched-sh $1
>
> at the top of upssched.sh.  You will see a trace of the script calls
> in /var/log/messages.
>
> Roger

Rémi Lavergne
Water&  Earth System Science Research Centre
WESS Data Manager
University of Tübingen
Institute for Geosciences
Sigwartstraße 10