[Nut-upsuser] Mustek PowerMust 600 USB on Gentoo

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Thu Nov 18 20:33:01 UTC 2010

Citeren Hristo Iliev <hsiliev op gmail.com>:

> I'm trying to setup my Mustek 600 with USB (no serial ports on my computer)
> on Gentoo. The configuration I use is:
> [Mustek]
>   driver = megatec_usb
>   port = auto
>   desc = "Power Mustek 600 USB"

The 'megatec_usb' driver is obsolete, please switch to 'blazer_usb'.

> The NUT I use on my x86_64 machine is:
> sys-power/nut-2.4.3-r2  USE="bash-completion ssl usb xml -cgi -hal -snmp"
>
> When I start upsdrv I get:
> weasel ~ # /etc/init.d/upsdrv start -DDDDD

Adding the -DDDDD flags is pointless. If you want to run a driver in
debug mode, you can't use upsdrvctl (the reason why has been explained
numerous times before on this list, search the archives).

[...]

> dmesg outputs a lot of similar messages for the megatec_usb process:
> usb 4-2: usbfs: process 20311 (megatec_usb) did not claim interface 0 before
> use

This is typical if multiple processes attempt to claim the same USB
device. Make sure to kill all megatec_usb (and blazer_usb) drivers
before starting a new one.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)