[Nut-upsuser] NUT upgrade to 2.6.0 in Gentoo with Liebert UPS

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Wed Apr 6 19:49:42 UTC 2011

Citeren Francesco Talamona <francesco.talamona op know.eu>:

> I was simply trying to gather more information because the running
> setup, the one with liebert driver and nut user, wasn't able to run
> anymore with the upgrade. Sorry I didn't make it clear in the first
> instance.
>
> I made too many tests and more than one driver get loaded in the same
> time.
>
> The UPS is attached only via USB, as always was, I don't have a serial
> connector for this device.

The 'liebert' driver is for devices with a serial port. If you've run
that in the past through a USB connection, there must be a USB to
serial converter in the UPS. If it worked before, it must have been
because the kernel added something like a /dev/ttyUSBx (or something
similar) and the driver could connect to that port as if it was a
regular serial port. In that case there is nothing we can do for you
and you'll have to find out why this /dev/ttyUSBx port is no longer
created (this isn't handled by NUT).

> There's still something that beats me: I checked, and the first NUT
> installation was in 2008 the 2.0.5 version, with this very same UPS.
> It could be with a different driver, but the device was always the same,
> always connected via USB.

Since we have never supported the VID:PID combination, this was most
likely with the 'liebert' driver.

> Is it there a compatible driver, even if not fully-featured?

See above.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)