[Nut-upsuser] Tripp Lite 2010 results

Matt Behrens matt at zigg.com
Mon Aug 22 13:08:05 UTC 2011

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 09:58:10PM -0400, Charles Lepple wrote:

> On Aug 21, 2011, at 9:49 PM, Matt Behrens wrote:
>
> >Yeah, this is definitely not a high-end unit, but a consumer unit;
> >according to the docs, the battery is actually not supposed to be
> >replaceable, let alone detachable.  Sorry, I'd love to try it out
> >otherwise!
>
> Ugh. Hopefully they have some sort of trade-in program for when the
> battery finally gives up.

Well, I should clarify; it's not explained, there are no access
panels, plus there are disclaimers that they're not supposed to be
user-replaced--and yet, they will apparently sell you a battery, if you
read the fine print.  So there's that.

> Well, if you have time to run the driver in debug mode once, that
> might be good for future reference (in case other UPSes report this
> erroneous alarm code).

Absolutely.  Attached.

Let me know if I can be of any other help that doesn't require cracking
the case. :-)  I did run a self-test last night and got the appropriate
on-battery/on-AC notifications.