[Nut-upsuser] APC Smart UPS at a Mac Mini

Wolfgang Hottgenroth wolfgang at hottgenroth.net
Wed Aug 31 08:37:01 UTC 2011

Ah, okay, I noted that item and considered it when I connected the UPS the first time to the Mac and was wondering why it does not comes up again after a power failure test. But that's not my current problem: my current problem is: how can I switch off the UPS once the shutdown process of the MAC OS X is done.

I found in a Debian installation for instance that there is a hook into the very last /etc/init.d script (K90halt or something like that) which calls the ups driver to send the shutdown command to the UPS. Now I'm looking for such a hook on the Mac.

Cheers and thanks,
Wolfgang