[Nut-upsuser] APC BZ1200-BR

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 02:32:30 UTC 2011

On Dec 21, 2011, at 12:42 PM, Mauricio Girardi wrote:

> I installed NUT and followed all suggested procedures to
> verify if my ups is supported.
> No driver recognized my ups, and the genericups tests
> get wrong.
>
> Here I send some informations about it:
> The ups model is APC BZ1200-BR
> I use Ubuntu, and the lsusb results
>
> Bus 003 Device 003: ID 0403:6001 Future Technology Devices
> International, Ltd FT232 USB-Serial (UART) IC

From this page, I gather that it uses the "SGM" control software, not "PowerChute" like most of the rest of APC's line:

http://www.apc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=BZ1200-BR&tab=software

I assume this is a rebranded unit, so it might make sense to try other NUT drivers. However, it is always worth asking the manufacturer if the protocol is available, otherwise you might consider returning the unit. (Even if you ultimately don't want to return it, you can still drop hints when asking for the protocol.)

--
Charles Lepple