[Nut-upsuser] [HCL] MGE Pulsar Evolution 1100 - not recognized by USB driver

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 13:06:05 UTC 2011

(Sorry, I accidentally discarded the wrong message in the moderation queue - please subscribe to the list to avoid this in the future.)

> From: <onyx at netfusion.fr>
> Subject: [HCL] MGE Pulsar Evolution 1100 - not recognized by USB driver
> Date: December 22, 2011 12:15:16 AM EST
> To: <nut-upsuser at lists.alioth.debian.org>
>

> Hi everybody,
>
> It seems that my MGE Pulsar Evolution 1100 is not supported by the usbhid-ups driver.
> This is the output I get with the –x explore switch:
>
> Network UPS Tools - Generic HID driver 0.35 (2.6.2)
> USB communication driver 0.31
>    0.000000     debug level is '3'
>    0.001723     upsdrv_initups...
>    0.296475     Checking device (0463/FFFF) (/dev/usb0//dev/ugen0)
>    0.478783     - VendorID: 0463
>    0.478799     - ProductID: ffff
>    0.478807     - Manufacturer: MGE UPS SYSTEMS
>    0.478814     - Product: Evolution
>    0.478822     - Serial Number: unknown
>    0.478829     - Bus: /dev/usb0
>    0.478836     Trying to match device
>    0.478876     Device does not match - skipping
>    0.478896     No appropriate HID device found
>    0.478909     No matching HID UPS found

It looks like you are using a BSD-like system, based on the /dev/ugen0 name. Which OS is it?

I thought we had added better error reporting for permissions errors, but that is the most likely cause of this problem. (Knowing the OS will help us figure out the right solution.) You also don't need the "-x explore" switch since the MGE (now Eaton) models should be completely supported.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail