[Nut-upsuser] Status OB (on battery) when polling a Liebert PSA

Pier Paolo Glave pierpaolo.glave at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 20:40:08 UTC 2011

Hi all,

This is my first experience with NUT.
I'm trying to test a Liebert PSA 1500 UPS, connected via USB to a single PC.
I have followed the instruction in the "Configuration" section of the online
user manual.

Everything seems to be fine, except that, when I run "upsc
liebert at localhostups.status", it retuns "OB", even if the UPS is
currently online.

Here are the information related to my system:

   - Debian 6.0 on Intel Pentium 4; kernel version 2.6.32-5-686;
   - NUT version 2.4.3-1.1squeeze1, installed with package system;
   - UPS: Liebert PSA1500MT3-230U

My ups.conf is the following:
[liebert]
        driver = usbhid-ups
        port = auto
        desc = "Liebert PSA1500MT3 UPS"

The result of "upsdrvctl start" is:
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.4.3
Network UPS Tools - Generic HID driver 0.34 (2.4.3)
USB communication driver 0.31
Using subdriver: Belkin HID 0.12

The result of "upsd" is:
Network UPS Tools upsd 2.4.3
listening on 127.0.0.1 port 3493
listening on ::1 port 3493
Connected to UPS [liebert]: usbhid-ups-liebert

The complete list obtained with "upsc" is:
battery.charge.low: 38
battery.charge.warning: 38
battery.type: PbAc
device.mfr: Emerson Network Power
device.model: LiebertPSA
device.serial:
device.type: ups
driver.name: usbhid-ups
driver.parameter.pollfreq: 30
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.version: 2.4.3
driver.version.data: Belkin HID 0.12
driver.version.internal: 0.34
ups.mfr: Emerson Network Power
ups.model: LiebertPSA
ups.productid: 0001
ups.serial:
ups.status: OB
ups.vendorid: 10af

What problem could be there?

I would like to paste also a complete tracing of "/lib/nut/usbhid-ups -DDDDD
-a liebert", but the message would become too big.
Please tell me if there is any relevant portion that I could paste here.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Pier