[Nut-upsuser] APC Smart-UPS 1000

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Sun Feb 6 11:19:38 UTC 2011

Citeren Kevin <bakdong op gmail.com>:

> Seems to have gone a bit quiet. Are we at a dead end now?

No, I just don't have a lot of spare time on my hand lately. You could
try if changing

     { "shutdown.reboot", 0, 0,
"UPS.APCGeneralCollection.APCDelayBeforeReboot", NULL, "10",
HU_TYPE_CMD, NULL },

     { "shutdown.return", 0, 0,
"UPS.APCGeneralCollection.APCDelayBeforeReboot", NULL, "1",
HU_TYPE_CMD, NULL },

helps. Looking in the apcupsd sources seems to indicate that this
isn't a timer at all, but instead just a flag that forces a reboot
cycle.

Given the brokenness of the APC HID PDC implementation (the apcupsd
project uses about half a dozen ways to shutdown), I doubt that the
support status of APC is going to improve a lot. If you have not
already tried the apcupsd project, I'd suggest to try that too. Since
NUT is not focussed on one specific make, we probably can never give
the same support. This is also due to the fact that none of the active
developers has access to one of these devices.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)