[Nut-upsuser] APC Smart-UPS 1000

Kevin bakdong at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 13:29:25 UTC 2011

on 06/02/2011 18:19 Arjen de Korte wrote:
> Citeren Kevin <bakdong at gmail.com>:
>
>> Seems to have gone a bit quiet. Are we at a dead end now?
>
> No, I just don't have a lot of spare time on my hand lately.

That's ok. I quite understand. Thank you for all your help so far.

> You could
> try if changing
 >
>     { "shutdown.reboot", 0, 0,
> "UPS.APCGeneralCollection.APCDelayBeforeReboot", NULL, "10",
> HU_TYPE_CMD, NULL },

>     { "shutdown.return", 0, 0,
> "UPS.APCGeneralCollection.APCDelayBeforeReboot", NULL, "1", HU_TYPE_CMD,
> NULL },

Thank you. I will try that and see what happens.

I know it's very old code, but if it helps at all I know that this
modified shutdown function in hidups works:

void upsdrv_shutdown(void)
{
         /* XXX: replace with a proper shutdown function
         fatalx("shutdown not supported"); */

         /* 1) set DelayBeforeStartup */
         if (getval ("ondelay"))
                 ondelay = atoi (getval ("ondelay"));

         /* setvalue(UPS_WAKEDELAY, ondelay); */ /* commented out this
line for APC CS 500 */

         /* 2) set DelayBeforeShutdown */
         if (getval ("offdelay"))
                 offdelay = atoi (getval ("offdelay"));

         /* setvalue(UPS_GRACEDELAY, offdelay); */
         setvalue(0xff86007c, 1); /* changed this line for APC CS 500 */
}

> helps. Looking in the apcupsd sources seems to indicate that this isn't
> a timer at all, but instead just a flag that forces a reboot cycle.
>
> Given the brokenness of the APC HID PDC implementation (the apcupsd
> project uses about half a dozen ways to shutdown), I doubt that the
> support status of APC is going to improve a lot. If you have not already
> tried the apcupsd project, I'd suggest to try that too. Since NUT is not
> focussed on one specific make, we probably can never give the same
> support. This is also due to the fact that none of the active developers
> has access to one of these devices.

Thanks again, I will have a look.

Regards,
Kevin.