[Nut-upsuser] NetworkUPS tools Compatibility update

Arnaud Quette arnaud.quette at free.fr
Tue Jan 4 19:31:50 UTC 2011

> ups.mfr: CPS
> ups.model: UPS RF1025
> ups.productid: 0501
> ups.realpower.nominal: 88
> ups.status: OL
> ups.timer.shutdown: -60
> ups.timer.start: 0
> ups.vendorid: 0764

fine, thanks. I've just commited your entry (r2799).
I missed to ask: have you tested low battery condition too?
ie
http://new.networkupstools.org/docs/user-manual.chunked/ar01s06.html#Testing_shutdowns

I just double checked, the vendorid is in fact cyberpower, one question? :)
> If the vendorid is actually derived from the device and not computed,
> you should let users know to cross reference the vendorid against an
> online database (if you haven't already). Totally didn't occur to me
> until I was talking with a friend today :)

well, 2.8 work around user interface (not only graphical!) to detect (when
possible), configure, test and monitor your devices will greatly improve the
situation.
many pieces of this are already in place. so 2.8.0 should be there quite
quickly.

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 3:43 PM, Arnaud Quette <arnaud.quette at free.fr> wrote:
> > Hi James,
> >
> > 2011/1/1 Among The Living <stinkysmellykid at gmail.com>
> >>
> >> Hey there,
> >>
> >> After a few hours with tampering I got my UPS up and running.
> >>
> >> It's a "RocketFish 1025/1000va" (The model varies and is listed as
> >> 1000va as well as 1025va).
> >>
> >> I got it working with the usbhid-ups driver, which I guess is a no
> >> brainer :P. Just figured I'd let you know.
> >>
> >> This product (As I found out by using good ole google cache on gentoos
> >> forums), is just a rebrand of CyberPower's UPS's.
> >
> > thanks for your report.
> > can you please post an upsc output, so that we can validate that
> everything

cheers,
Arnaud
--