[Nut-upsuser] APC Smart-UPS 1000

Kevin bakdong at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 15:03:25 UTC 2011

Not sure if this made it to the list the first time round....

On 25/01/2011 03:58, Arjen de Korte wrote:

> I think the only solution I can come up with to support (?) all known
> APC models, is to not map the HID paths to 'load.on.delay' and to rely
> on the UPS to provide a grace period before cycling the power or
> shutting down.
>
> Can you try the attached patch on the pristine nut-2.6.0 sources and
> let us know if both APC models you own, shutdown and restart properly?

Done that. Everything works as expected now on the Smart-UPS 1000. (-k
causes a shutdown.reboot, which sets the reboot timer to 90 and when
that reaches 0 the UPS sleeps and then powers up again either after
about 3 seconds if there is already power, otherwise when the power
returns.)

No luck, I'm afraid, with the CS 500. shutdown.reboot has apparently no
effect. The reboot timer stays at 'zero' (not -1) and nothing happens.

# ./clients/upsc apc1500
battery.charge: 87
battery.charge.low: 10
battery.charge.warning: 50
battery.date: 2010/09/19
battery.mfr.date: 2010/09/19
battery.runtime: 3412
battery.runtime.low: 120
battery.temperature: 29.2
battery.type: PbAc
battery.voltage: 12.7
battery.voltage.nominal: 12.0
device.mfr: American Power Conversion
device.model: Back-UPS CS 500
device.serial: 4B1038P51197
device.type: ups
driver.name: usbhid-ups
driver.parameter.offdelay: 1
driver.parameter.ondelay: 250
driver.parameter.pollfreq: 30
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.version: 2.6.0
driver.version.data: APC HID 0.95-new-patch
driver.version.internal: 0.35
input.sensitivity: medium
input.transfer.reason: input voltage out of range
input.voltage: 0.0
input.voltage.nominal: 230
output.voltage: 230.0
output.voltage.nominal: 230.0
ups.beeper.status: disabled
ups.delay.shutdown: 1
ups.delay.start: 250
ups.firmware: 808.q10 .I
ups.firmware.aux: q10
ups.load: 0.0
ups.mfr: American Power Conversion
ups.mfr.date: 2010/09/19
ups.model: Back-UPS CS 500
ups.productid: 0002
ups.serial: 4B1038P51197
ups.status: OB DISCHRG
ups.test.result: No test initiated
ups.timer.reboot: 0
ups.timer.shutdown: -1
ups.timer.start: 0
ups.vendorid: 051d

Output from ./drivers/usbhid-ups -DDD -a apc1500 > APC_UPS_CS_500.log
2>&1 attached.

Regards,
Kevin.