[Nut-upsuser] UPS Liebert GXT3 config

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 02:37:23 UTC 2011

On May 31, 2011, at 12:01 PM, Juan Pablo Valles wrote:

> Charles,
>
> I´ve install Debian Squeeze and NUT 2.6.0 from sources, and compiled
> with usb option.
> Linux kernel 2.6.32

Is the server a guest in some virtualization system? There were
reports of problems in the mailing list archives.

> #lsusb -v
[...]
>         HID Device Descriptor:
>           bLength                 9
>           bDescriptorType        33
>           bcdHID               1.00
>           bCountryCode            0 Not supported
>           bNumDescriptors         1
>           bDescriptorType        34 Report
>           wDescriptorLength     260
>       Endpoint Descriptor:
>         bLength                 7
>         bDescriptorType         5
>         bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
> bmAttributes            3
>           Transfer Type            Interrupt
>           Synch Type               None
>           Usage Type               Data
>         wMaxPacketSize     0x0008  1x 8 bytes
>         bInterval              32

There should be a section that says "Report Descriptors: ". If lsusb
can't fetch those descriptors, I'm not sure how to make the driver
fetch them, either.

>    0.178799     Unable to get HID descriptor (error sending control
> message: Protocol error)
>    0.178818     i=0, extra[i]=09, extra[i+1]=21
>    0.178835     HID descriptor, method 2: (9 bytes) => 09 21 00 01
> 00 01 22 04 01
>    0.178847     HID descriptor length 260
>    0.179805     Unable to get Report descriptor: Protocol error
>
> The device matches but is unable to get HID descriptor.

You can try searching the archives for more information. I think there
was one patch to this code after 2.6.0 came out, so you could try an
SVN snapshot such as this one:

http://ocelot.ghz.cc/~buildbot/nut-2.6.0-r3015.tar.gz