[Nut-upsuser] Using NUT to detect a normally closed circuit opening

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Wed Jun 22 18:02:36 UTC 2011

Citeren James Smith <james.smith op jofco.com>:

> So how do I make sure it never sees the LB event (or ignores it)?

By wiring you sensor so that it either sets OB or LB and hard wiring
the other to the inactive state.

[...]

> The point about the short is a valid one, but I don't think it will
> be an issue (if it ever does become an issue, I can change the
> sensor out for a normally open one and change the driver file
> accordingly)

This fails in a similar way - you have no way to determine if the
sensor is not connected or if it is in the below limit temperature
range. For an alarm system to be reasonably robust, you need to
continuously monitor the health of your sensor and interconnect as well.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)