[Nut-upsuser] Using NUT to detect a normally closed circuit opening

James Smith james.smith at jofco.com
Wed Jun 22 15:41:06 UTC 2011

So how do I make sure it never sees the LB event (or ignores it)?

The sensor is in an oily boiler room that is prone to water spillages etc., our only semi reliable option was a mechanical thermostat style sensor strapped directly to a pipe, so usb is pretty much out of the question.
All I am using this for is to email our maintenance crew if the temp in the cooling tower pipe goes over-range as it indicates a situation that can usually easily be remedied before it becomes an issue, it has no relation whatsoever to the power situation where the NUT software is, I'm just using a framework that's already there for something completely unrelated.

The point about the short is a valid one, but I don't think it will be an issue (if it ever does become an issue, I can change the sensor out for a normally open one and change the driver file accordingly)