[Nut-upsuser] [Nut-upsdev] UPS on Freenas

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 00:06:50 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Bobby Kent
<bpkent at wholeworldwindow.net> wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> You should use the Linux command lsusb to find the USB Vendor and Product
> Id, e.g.:

I misspoke - apparently freenas is based on FreeBSD (who would have
guessed from the name?!?) and I thought it was opensolaris based on
the fragment of the ZFS copyright in the screenshot.

I would agree with Bobby about the attachments, with the additional
suggestion that if it's just textual information, please don't send it
only as a graphic - it makes it harder for other people to search for
information about that model.

>   I went into the gui and printed the syslog...I'm not sure how to read it
> and I've included a picture of the bottom of my UPS...I'm unsure about a USB
> vendor ID but I have the manual which I attached.

Unfortunately, there is not much information about the UPS in syslog:

Jun 27 12:01:33 frogger17a kernel: uhid0: <Belkin UPS, class 0/0, rev
1.10/0.01, addr 2> on uhub0

What do you get when you run 'usbconfig' as root?

Also, the USB support in FreeBSD prior to 8.0 is not very usable from
the NUT perspective. No guarantees it will get better if you upgrade,
but I had a lot of problems trying to get tripplite_usb to work under
FreeBSD 6.x and 7.x.

--
- Charles Lepple