[Nut-upsuser] tcgetattr: Inappropriate ioctl for device

Martin Ivanov tramni at abv.bg
Wed Jun 29 09:52:38 UTC 2011

 Dear nut users,

I am running nut-2.6.0 on Slackware-Linux-13.37.0 with kernel 2.6.37.6.
I am trying to get the software work for a repotec UPS with model name: RPT-1003AU. The UPS communicates with the computer via USB. I know that the model is not officially supported but I want to try out whether it will work with some of the repotec drivers. Here is the result with the genericups upstype=13 driver:

ups.conf:
[repotec]
        driver = genericups upstype=13
        port = /dev/bus/usb/002/006
        upstype = 13
        desc = "UPS"

error:
root at alhana:/etc/nut# /etc/rc.d/rc.ups start
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.6.0
Network UPS Tools - Generic contact-closure UPS driver 1.36 (2.6.0)
UPS type: Repoteck RPT-800A, RPT-162A
tcgetattr: Inappropriate ioctl for device
Driver failed to start (exit status=1)

Does this mean that the driver is not supported or am I missing something?

Best regards,

M. Ivanov