[Nut-upsuser] tcgetattr: Inappropriate ioctl for device

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Wed Jun 29 10:12:04 UTC 2011

Citeren Martin Ivanov <tramni op abv.bg>:

> root op alhana:/etc/nut# /etc/rc.d/rc.ups start
> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.6.0
> Network UPS Tools - Generic contact-closure UPS driver 1.36 (2.6.0)
> UPS type: Repoteck RPT-800A, RPT-162A
> tcgetattr: Inappropriate ioctl for device
> Driver failed to start (exit status=1)
>
> Does this mean that the driver is not supported or am I missing something?

The genericups driver is for serial devices only. Only if the UPS has
a supported USB to serial converter on board that is recognized by the
kernel, you can use it. But in that case, you'd need to configure the
/dev/ttyUSBx port that is created, not the USB port.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)