[Nut-upsuser] Problem using an Eaton Ellipse ASR 750 VA on FreeBSD

frederic.praca at free.fr frederic.praca at free.fr
Thu Mar 3 15:14:49 UTC 2011

Hello guys,
I have to manage an Eaton Ellipse ASR 750 VA UPS under a FreeBSD 8.2 server.
I used nut from ports collection but I'm unable to detect the UPS by USB cable.
Here is the output of 'usbconfig -u 4 -a 2 dump_device_desc' :
ugen4.2: <ELLIPSE EATON> at usbus4, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=LOW (1.5Mbps) pwr=ON

  bLength = 0x0012
  bDescriptorType = 0x0001
  bcdUSB = 0x0110
  bDeviceClass = 0x0000
  bDeviceSubClass = 0x0000
  bDeviceProtocol = 0x0000
  bMaxPacketSize0 = 0x0008
  idVendor = 0x0463
  idProduct = 0xffff
  bcdDevice = 0x0001
  iManufacturer = 0x0001  <EATON>
  iProduct = 0x0002  <ELLIPSE>
  iSerialNumber = 0x0004  <BDCK520CF>
  bNumConfigurations = 0x0001

My ups.conf contains the following :
[eaton]
        driver = usbhid-ups
        #port = /dev/ugen4.2
        port = auto
        desc = "EATON UPS"

The output of 'usbhid-ups -a eaton' gives :
Network UPS Tools - Generic HID driver 0.35 (2.6.0)
USB communication driver 0.31
No matching HID UPS found

Any idea of how to make it works ?

Regards