[Nut-upsuser] Access restriction on Upgrade Debian lenny -> Debian squeeze

Lukas Haase lukashaase at gmx.at
Thu Mar 10 21:41:48 UTC 2011

Hi,

In Debian lenny I used the following in upsd.conf:

ACL all 0.0.0.0/0
ACL localhost 127.0.0.1/32
ACL webinterface 192.168.0.2/32
ACL slave 192.168.50.22/32

ACCEPT localhost
ACCEPT webinterface
ACCEPT slave
REJECT all

and in upsd.users:

[monmaster]
         password = secret0
         allowfrom = localhost
         upsmon master

[monslave]
         password = secret1
         allowfrom = slave
         upsmon slave

[admin]
         password = secret2
         actions = SET
         instcmds = ALL
         allowfrom = webinterface

Although upsd runs in a secured, private network, I would like to
restrict the access.

However, after upgrading from Debian lenny to Debian squeeze (version
2.4.3-1.1squeeze1) I get the messages in syslog:

ACL in upsd.conf is no longer supported - switch to LISTEN
ACCEPT in upsd.conf is no longer supported - switch to LISTEN
REJECT in upsd.conf is no longer supported - switch to LISTEN
allowfrom in upsd.users is no longer used

Well, I commented out the lines and it works now. However, there is no
access restriction anymore! :-( Why have these wonderful features been
dropped? Are there at least any alternatives for ACL, ACCEPT, REJECT and
allowFrom?

Regards,
Luke