[Nut-upsuser] UPS Support

Williams, Josh B. Williams-Josh at zai.com
Mon Mar 14 20:43:55 UTC 2011

I am currently trying to use your NUT program to monitor a SMART3000RMOD2U TRIPP LITE device.  I find that it connects with the in the device folder as hiddev0 and if I connect a second device it connects under hiddev1.  I attempted to use your software with the driver=usbhid-ups and port=auto, but when I try to discover it it can't be found.  Then when I run the command /sbin/usbhid-ups -a ups1 -D where ups1 described the driver and port combination, I get the following output:

This Tripp Lite device (09ae/3014) is not (yet) supported by usbhid-ups.
Please make sure you have an up-to-date version of NUT. If this does not
fix the problem, try to tun the driver with the '-x productid=3014' option.
If this fails, try the tripplite_usb driver.  Please report your results to
the NUT user's mailing list <nut-upsuser at lists.alioth.debian.org>

I tried both the other combinatioins, but neither can detect anything.  When I place the -x productid=3014 it doesn't detect the tripplite devices, and the same happens when I try the commnad:
/sbin/tripplite_usb -a ups1

Do you have any suggestions, or is this going to be a device that has an updated driver in the future?

Thanks

Josh Williams
Zeta Associates Inc.
1(703)272-9665