[Nut-upsuser] Socomec UPS

Greg Trounson gregt at maths.otago.ac.nz
Thu Nov 3 04:23:32 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am considering purchasing a UPS and want one that I can query from
bash scripts.  I would assume nut to be the best tool to allow this.  I
have been directed to a Socomec RT 3000VA UPS.

I have previously had MGE Pulsars and interfaced to them with nut's
mge-utalk and mge-shut drivers with reasonable success, apart from the
odd data stale error.

These Socomec units have RS-232 connectors and claim to support JBUS.
On the nut compatibility page I only see one Socomec model listed and
it's a different one.  Incidentally, do the colours in the Driver column
on that page mean anything?  I don't see a legend anywhere.

Does anyone know what if these are likely to work with nut?

Specifications for the UPS are here:
http://www.i-tech.com.au/products/51242_Socomec_NeTYS_RT_3000Va_UPS_Tower.aspx

thanks,
Greg