[Nut-upsuser] How do I get the richcomm_usb driver

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 13:37:43 UTC 2011

On Nov 16, 2011, at 8:22 AM, Iain Simpson wrote:

> I am a complete novice in this area so please bear with me.
> I have installed nut version 2.6.2-1 for my debian 64bit system.
> I am trying to implement 'nut' for a new VIX2120 home UPS and have determined that I need the richcomm_usb driver [usb 0925:1234]. But it is not in /lib/nut although referenced in the documentation (driver.list)
>
> How do get hold of a copy?
> Due to ignorance I am not very keen on compiling from scratch.

A fix is pending - see this email:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.monitoring.nut.user/6727

However, I don't think that a new revision of the nut package is available yet.

Compiling from scratch shouldn't be too hard, as Arnaud has listed the exact ./configure command line earlier in that thread:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.monitoring.nut.user/6724

You can file a bug to remind Arnaud: http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting

Or you can subscribe to this list: