[Nut-upsuser] upsd problem with NUT 2.6.1

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 12:32:37 UTC 2011

On Aug 31, 2011, at 10:57 PM, Kostas Oikonomou wrote:

> Thanks.  I checked /var/state/ups, and it is an empty directory.
> None of the config files in nut/etc contains the string "/var/state/
> ups", so this must be the default.
> How do I troubleshoot this?

The driver is running in the background at this point, correct?

Are there any error messages about writing PID files when you start
the driver?

Given the ./configure line from your original post, /var/state/ups is
the default directory for the driver socket, and the driver's PID file:

configure --prefix=/opt/nut/2.6.1 --with-cgi --with-hal --with-
user=ups --with-group=nut CC=cc

--
Charles Lepple