[Nut-upsuser] upsd problem with NUT 2.6.1

Kostas Oikonomou ko at research.att.com
Thu Sep 1 18:05:50 UTC 2011

The driver is not running. In fact, it appears I'm back to a
problem I had solved before:

wiley$ pfexec /opt/nut/bin/upsdrvctl start
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.6.1
Network UPS Tools - Generic HID driver 0.35 (2.6.1)
USB communication driver 0.31
No matching HID UPS found
Driver failed to start (exit status=1)
wiley$

This was a permissions issue, but I now forgot exactly what.

pfexec /opt/nut/2.6.1/bin/usbhid-ups -DD -a eco550 -u root

works fine, which supports the permissions theory.