[Nut-upsuser] APC Smart UPS at a Mac Mini

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 00:02:15 UTC 2011

On Sep 1, 2011, at 9:32 AM, Wolfgang Hottgenroth wrote:

> Aha. Not the best solution but it is at least one. Do you know by
> any chance the default login for an APC UPS? The one I found with
> google does not work:
>
> keller:~ admin$ upsrw -u apc -p apc -s ups.delay.start="180" ups
> Unexpected response from upsd: ERR ACCESS-DENIED
> keller:~ admin$

The username/password pairs used by upsd (and thus upsrw, when talking
to that instance of upsd) are defined in your upsd.users file on the
machine running upsd.

If an UPS interface has a password (e.g. a SNMP community, or whatever
is used in the MGE XML protocol), that error would show up when
starting the driver.

--
Charles Lepple