[Nut-upsuser] Tripp-Lite Internet350Ser

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 12:17:47 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ivan, Charles, Thomas,
>
> 2011/9/4 IVAN ESCOBAR <iescobar at unet.edu.ve>
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm newbie with NUT, I'm trying to get work a Tripp-Lite Internet350Ser, a
>> small UPS with serial port.
>>
>> The only reference about, is a modification patch that Mr. Patrick
>> Levesque did for NUT 2.4.1 but the actual 2.6.1 looks to not have it yet.
>>
>> I tried all tripp and generic drivers but no success.
>>
>> Has anyone luck with this Tripp-Lite model?
>
> @Charles & Thomas: digging back the mail Ivan mentionned, I found you would
> probably have a more suitable answer than mine. I don't even have an idea of
> a driver to point apart from genericups!

The real solution here is to merge the current Tripp-Lite drivers into
one massive, flexible driver, but I'm not really looking forward to
that task. After all, a lot of the newer Tripp-Lite USB models have
gone to the HID UPS standard, and would be covered by usbhid-ups.

For Ivan, I would recommend building the patch for 2.4.1, and trying
that out first. Let us know how that works. Drivers from 2.4.1 should
be able to talk to 2.6.1 (given the same configuration options like
the state path), unless I am forgetting something.

--
- Charles Lepple