[Nut-upsuser] Tripp-Lite Internet350Ser

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 08:03:32 UTC 2011

2011/9/12 Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ivan, Charles, Thomas,
>>
>> 2011/9/4 IVAN ESCOBAR <iescobar at unet.edu.ve>
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm newbie with NUT, I'm trying to get work a Tripp-Lite Internet350Ser, a
>>> small UPS with serial port.
>>>
>>> The only reference about, is a modification patch that Mr. Patrick
>>> Levesque did for NUT 2.4.1 but the actual 2.6.1 looks to not have it yet.
>>>
>>> I tried all tripp and generic drivers but no success.
>>>
>>> Has anyone luck with this Tripp-Lite model?
>>
>> @Charles & Thomas: digging back the mail Ivan mentionned, I found you would
>> probably have a more suitable answer than mine. I don't even have an idea of
>> a driver to point apart from genericups!
>
> The real solution here is to merge the current Tripp-Lite drivers into
> one massive, flexible driver, but I'm not really looking forward to
> that task. After all, a lot of the newer Tripp-Lite USB models have
> gone to the HID UPS standard, and would be covered by usbhid-ups.

I don't recall the exact situation, nor have time to dig thoroughly the thread.
but last time, you mentioned you would take a look at the patch:
http://www.mail-archive.com/nut-upsdev@lists.alioth.debian.org/msg01337.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/nut-upsdev@lists.alioth.debian.org/msg01319.html

we have a growing trend of patches that needs users testing...
and that end up forgotten because the users never get back to us!

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com