[Nut-upsuser] driver error

Steve Boyle steve.boyle at connexity.com
Wed Sep 14 22:03:24 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to install NUT on Ubuntu.  All is good until I try to start the driver, then I get this error:
$ sudo upsdrvctl start
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.4.3
Network UPS Tools - Generic HID driver 0.34 (2.4.3)
USB communication driver 0.31
This APC device (051d:0003) is not (or perhaps not yet) supported
by usbhid-ups. Please make sure you have an up-to-date version of NUT. If
this does not fix the problem, try running the driver with the
'-x productid=0003' option. Please report your results to the NUT user's
mailing list <nut-upsuser at lists.alioth.debian.org>.

No matching HID UPS found
Driver failed to start (exit status=1)

I'm using an APC SmartUPS  1500 VA 120V RM2U, it is connected via USB.  I would appreciate any suggestions from the list.  Looks like apt-get install gave me version 2.4.3, apt also claims this is the latest version.

Thanks,
Steve Boyle