[Nut-upsuser] problem_connection_NUT_infosec

jgoupil jeremyfrom44 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 08:57:01 UTC 2012

Hello everybody,
I have an Infosec's UPS and would like to shutdown
my computer when he's on battery.
My Infosec's UPS is not in the list of supported UPS
but the driver is the same than megatec's driver
(This is the same factory with some differences...)
So, here are my configurations :
-- Ubuntu Desktop --
apt-get install nut
OK

UPS connected to ubuntu via USB cable
After connecting my UPS, a new line appears in "lsusb" :
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0665:5161 Cypress Semiconductor USB to serial

cd /dev/bus/usb
everything in root:nut 660

cd /dev/usb
everything in root:nut 660

vi /etc/nut/nut.conf
MODE=standalone

vi /etc/nut/ups.conf
[infosec]
driver = usbhid-ups
port = auto
desc = "Infosec UPS"

vi /etc/nut/upsd.users
[admin]
password = root
action = SET
instcmds = ALL
[localhost]
password = localhost
allowfrom = localhost
upsmon master

vi /etc/nut/upsmon.conf
MONITOR infosec at localhost 1 localhost localhost master
MINSUPPLIES 1
SHUTDOWNCMD "/sbin/shutdown -h +0"
POLLFREQ 5
POLLFREQALERT 5
HOSTSYNC 15
DEADTIME 15
POWERDOWNFLAG /etc/killpower
NOTIFYFLAG ONLINE SYSLOG
NOTIFYFLAG ONBATT SYSLOG
NOTIFYFLAG LOWBATT SYSLOG
NOTIFYFLAG FSD SYSLOG+WALL
NOTIFYFLAG COMMOK SYSLOG
NOTIFYFLAG COMMBAD SYSLOG
NOTIFYFLAG SHUTDOWN SYSLOG+WALL
NOTIFYFLAG REPLBATT SYSLOG+WALL
NOTIFYFLAG NOCOMM SYSLOG
NOTIFYFLAG NOPARENT SYSLOG
RBWARNTIME 43200
NOCOMMWARNTIME 300
FINALDELAY 5

/etc/init.d/nut start   [ OK ]

upsdrvctl start
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.6.1
Network UPS Tools - Generic HID driver 0.35 (2.6.1)
USB communication driver 0.31
No matching HID UPS found
Driver failed to start (exit status=1)

Do you have any idea?
Is my material not supported or is it a configuration's problem ?

Thanks you,
Regards,
Jeremy