[Nut-upsuser] RE Powercom variables

Gordon Longland gordon at compsos.com.au
Sat Dec 22 23:48:07 UTC 2012

Hi

We have a PCM vanguard UPS communicating on SmeServer ver 8 (Centos5.8) using the following rpms.

nut-client-2.6.5-1geekery

nut-2.6.5-1geekery

powerman-2.3.5-2geekery

I believe are standard 2.6.5 rpms adjusted to Centos 5 OS.

These rpms work as shown by the upsc output

battery.charge: 100
battery.charge.low: 10
battery.charge.warning: 30
battery.date: 2010/12/20
battery.runtime: 800
battery.type: PbAc
device.mfr: POWERCOM Co.,LTD
device.model: HID UPS Battery
device.serial: 004-0D9F-000
device.type: ups
driver.name: usbhid-ups
driver.parameter.pollfreq: 30
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: /var/lib/ups/hiddev0
driver.version: 2.6.5
driver.version.data: PowerCOM HID 0.3
driver.version.internal: 0.37
input.frequency: 49.0
input.voltage: 235.0
input.voltage.nominal: 240
output.frequency: 49.0
output.voltage: 239.0
output.voltage.nominal: 240
ups.date: 2010/12/20
ups.delay.shutdown: 20
ups.delay.start: 60
ups.load: 29
ups.mfr: POWERCOM Co.,LTD
ups.model: HID UPS Battery
ups.productid: 0004
ups.serial: 004-0D9F-000
ups.status: OL
ups.test.result: Done and passed
ups.timer.shutdown: 0
ups.timer.start: 740160
ups.vendorid: 0d9f

But we are missing some variable like battery.voltage

upsrw only returns

[ups.delay.shutdown]
Interval to wait after shutdown with delay command (seconds)
Type: STRING
Value: 20

[ups.delay.start]
Interval to wait before (re)starting the load (seconds)
Type: STRING
Value: 60

Attached is the output of usbhid-ups -DDD -a UPS > PowerCOM.log 2>&1

It shows which would indicate the data required

0.491042     Path: UPS.Battery.Temperature, Type: Feature, ReportID: 0x2d, Offset: 0, Size: 8, Value: 36

0.484061     Path: UPS.Battery.Voltage, Type: Feature, ReportID: 0x1a, Offset: 0, Size: 16, Value: 5890

The quick update section sends back

refresh_report_buffer: expected 3 bytes, but got 2 instead

Can we adjust the buffer length? Would it cure the shortage of essential data?

Are these issues a matter more for Powercom to sort out or can we use alternative variable name to get the information back?

TIA and season greetings.

Regards

       Gordon