[Nut-upsuser] Tripplite SmartUPS

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 01:03:47 UTC 2012

On Dec 17, 2012, at 7:48 PM, Dan Arendt wrote:

> We are configuring a server with a Tripplite SmartUPS, Web SNMP Card, and Envirosense Probe.
> The configuration is good using usbhid driver and we can get it to shutdown clean by producing a "power event" (pull the power cable).
> It is not very clear how to add or see the values associated with the external probe.
> We need to be able to shutdown based on the input from the probe as well as power events.
> What is the best way to configure NUT to monitor the probe?

So if I understand correctly, you are using the USB interface with NUT (the usbhid-ups driver), and not the SNMP interface?

(This is the first time I have heard about the Envirosense Probe, so this isn't exactly well-charted territory for us.)

It may be possible to try the 'explore' option (with -DD) to usbhid-ups, as described at the end of this section: http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/man/usbhid-ups.html#_extra_arguments

This might list some of the values returned by the probe.

If not, they might be visible in the output of snmpwalk. I'm not sure the best options to use there, but Arnaud might have suggestions.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail