[Nut-upsuser] Setting ups.delay.shutdown in powerware 9135

Jorge Infante joluinfante at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 17:20:50 UTC 2012

Ok, Arnaud. Thanks for your response.

My powerware is 9120 (I did a mistake with the model of ups).
I'm using openfiler ESA 2.99.1 (64 bits version)
I'did compile the nut from sources. I'm using nut 2.4.1.

My configuration files:

[root at myhost etc]# more upsd.conf
ACL all 0.0.0.0/0
ACL localhost 127.0.0.1/32
ACCEPT localhost
REJECT all

[root at myhost etc]# more upsd.users
[admin]
        password = xxxxxxxxxxx
        actions = SET
        instcmds = ALL

[root at myhost etc]# more ups.conf
[server]
#driver = megatec
#driver = liebert-hid
#driver = liebert
#driver = usbhid-ups
#port = auto
driver = bcmxcp_usb   ------------> I can't use usb with another driver
port = /dev/usb8
shutdown_delay = 120 -----------> This parameter is ignored

[root at myhost etc]# more upssched.conf
CMDSCRIPT /scripts/upssched.sh
PIPEFN /scripts/upssched.pipe
LOCKFN /scripts/upssched.lock
AT ONBATT * START-TIMER onbattwarn 180
AT ONBATT * EXECUTE upsonbatt
AT ONLINE * CANCEL-TIMER onbattwarn
AT ONLINE * EXECUTE backonpower

[root at myhost etc]# more upsmon.conf
MONITOR server 1 admin xxxxxxxxxx master
MINSUPPLIES 1
SHUTDOWNCMD "/scripts/upsshutdown.sh"
#NOTIFYCMD "/scripts/upsnotify.sh"
NOTIFYCMD "/sbin/upssched"
POLLFREQ 5
POLLFREQALERT 5
HOSTSYNC 15
DEADTIME 15
RBWARNTIME 43200
NOCOMMWARNTIME 300
FINALDELAY 5
NOTIFYMSG ONLINE   "UPS is back online"
NOTIFYMSG ONBATT   "UPS is on battery"
NOTIFYMSG LOWBATT  "UPS has a low battery (if also on battery, it's
'critical')"
NOTIFYMSG FSD      "UPS is being shutdown by the master (FSD = 'Forced
Shutdown')"
NOTIFYMSG COMMOK   "Communications established with the UPS"
NOTIFYMSG COMMBAD  "Communications lost to the UPS"
NOTIFYMSG SHUTDOWN "The system is being shutdown"
NOTIFYMSG REPLBATT "The UPS battery is bad and needs to be replaced"
NOTIFYMSG NOCOMM   "A UPS is unavailable (can't be contacted for
monitoring)"
NOTIFYMSG NOPARENT "The process that shuts down the system has died
(shutdown impossible)"
NOTIFYFLAG ONLINE   SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC
NOTIFYFLAG ONBATT   SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC
NOTIFYFLAG LOWBATT  SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC
NOTIFYFLAG FSD      SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC
NOTIFYFLAG COMMOK   SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC
NOTIFYFLAG COMMBAD  SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC
NOTIFYFLAG SHUTDOWN SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC
NOTIFYFLAG REPLBATT SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC
NOTIFYFLAG NOCOMM   SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC
NOTIFYFLAG NOPARENT SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC

on upsshutdown.sh, I'm suspending my virtual machines (in another hosts),
and, at end, I'm executing shutdown of "myhost".

[root at myhost scripts]# more upssched.sh
#!/bin/sh
export MAILTO="myuser at www.com"
case $1 in
  upsonbatt)
    echo "En 3 minutos se iniciara el apagado de equipos." | mailx -s
"MUNI: Corte de luz" ${MAILTO}
    ;;
  backonpower)
    echo "Se cancelo el apagado." | mailx -s "MUNI: Volvio la luz" ${MAILTO}
    ;;
  onbattwarn)
    echo "Hace 3 minutos que no hay luz." | mailx -s "MUNI: Se inicia el
apagado
" ${MAILTO}
    /sbin/upsmon -c fsd <---- This command run the script upsshutdown.sh,
but don't stop the ups
    ;;
esac

[root at myhost scripts]# upsc server
ambient.temperature: 40
ambient.temperature.high: 40
battery.charge: 100
battery.runtime: 2610
battery.voltage:  54.9
driver.name: bcmxcp_usb
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: /dev/usb8
driver.parameter.shutdown_delay: 120
driver.version: 2.4.1
driver.version.internal: 0.21
input.frequency: 50.0
input.frequency.high: 52
input.frequency.low: 48
input.frequency.nominal: 50
input.transfer.boost.high: 176
input.transfer.high: 276
input.transfer.low: 160
ambient.temperature: 40
ambient.temperature.high: 40
battery.charge: 100
battery.runtime: 2610
battery.voltage:  54.8
driver.name: bcmxcp_usb
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: /dev/usb8
driver.parameter.shutdown_delay: 120
driver.version: 2.4.1
driver.version.internal: 0.21
input.frequency: 50.0
input.frequency.high: 52
input.frequency.low: 48
input.frequency.nominal: 50
input.transfer.boost.high: 176
input.transfer.high: 276
input.transfer.low: 160
input.transfer.trim.low: 254
input.voltage: 228
input.voltage.nominal: 220
outlet.1.delay.shutdown: -1
outlet.1.delay.start: 60
outlet.1.id: 1
outlet.1.status: On
outlet.2.delay.shutdown: -1
outlet.2.delay.start: 60
outlet.2.id: 2
outlet.2.status: On
output.current:  1.6
output.current.nominal:  6.8
output.frequency: 50.0
output.phases: 1
output.voltage: 221
output.voltage.nominal: 220
ups.beeper.status: enabled
ups.firmware: Cont:02.05 Inve:02.05
ups.load:  22.9
ups.model: PW9120 1500VA
ups.power: 344
ups.power.nominal: 1500
ups.serial: RY095A0163
ups.status: OL

[root at myhost scripts]# upscmd -l server
Instant commands supported on UPS [server]:
outlet.1.shutdown.return - Description unavailable
outlet.2.shutdown.return - Description unavailable
shutdown.return - Turn off the load and return when power is back
shutdown.stayoff - Turn off the load and remain off
test.battery.start - Start a battery test

[root at myhost scripts]# upsrw -s ups.delay.shutdown=120 -u admin -p
xxxxxxxxxx server
Unexpected response from upsd: ERR VAR-NOT-SUPPORTED

I'm starting the nut with:

        upsdrvctl -u root -D start
        upsd -D -u root &
        pidof_upsd >/var/state/ups/upsd.pid
        upslog -s server -u root -l /var/log/ups.log
        pidof_upslog >/var/state/ups/upslog.pid
        upsmon -u root -p

I'm not using the nut provided for openfiler, because is not working with
my ups.
I did replace all programs for my version compiled from sources.
I'm thinking the command "/sbin/upsmon -c fsd" is used for the poweroff
(waiting to delay in the ups).

Well. If you need more information, please email me.
I'm specting about ideas.

jorge infante