[Nut-upsuser] APC 750VA UPS not recognized by NUT?

Andrew Min Chang laplacezhang at 126.com
Thu Mar 8 06:11:01 UTC 2012

Hi, Charles!

On my board:
# /usr/local/ups/bin/usbhid-ups -a APC_SMT_USB -DDD
Network UPS Tools - Generic HID driver 0.35 (2.6.3)
USB communication driver 0.31
   0.000000     debug level is '3'
   0.007846     upsdrv_initups...
   0.008253     No appropriate HID device found
   0.008335     No matching HID UPS found

    Another information: I tried installing NUT on my host PC (with Redhat). The configurations are the same except for using gcc instead of cross compiling. Still neither UPS is recognized. But this time it printed a lot and the program seemed endless.
    Part of the message is attched.

Best Regards
--
Andrew Chang